We only just got the kids back to school and here we are at the Easter break!!
So, I thought we would throw a few fun and creative activities your way to keep the kids entertained and you... sane!(?)
**disclaimer - we have only created 1.5 of the below! Have to save something for the weekend! Please share your creations and I will share the remainder of ours! I figure it will be a nailed it/failed it type situation**
I asked Annabelle which one she would like to start with, and of course she chose the chocolatiest one! It's just as well we are doing one at a time, as her booster cushion definitely needed time to unstick and wash!
Chocolate Nests (Mess Level - Next level)
What you will need:
- 3 cups coco pops (or other chocolate puffed rice cereal)
- 3 + 2 Mars bars (3 for the recipe and 2 for the constant 'taste testing' that will go on whilst trying to get them from the board to the bowl)
- 60 g butter
- Mini chocolate eggs
- patience & maybe a wine?
- Use cooking spray or butter to coat the inside of a muffin tin, make sure you grease each cup really well so your nests don't stick.
- Chop the butter and Mars bars into small pieces and place them in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Ask repeatedly for children not to eat all the mars bar
- Microwave for 30 seconds then mix the melted butter and Mars bars together.
- Microwave for another 10 seconds if the Mars bars need a bit more melting - the nougat part won't melt completely, don't worry about that!
- Tell them not too taste test as it will be too hot. Give them an 'I told you so' look and cup of cold milk when burnt tongue crying commences
- Add the coco pops to the melted Mars bars and butter, and mix until the coco pops are well coated.
- Taste again and wash hands
- Put spoonfuls of mixture into the muffin tin, pressing down firmly to create a nest shape with a thumb or soon indent in the middle (for your eggs).
- Shake some (too many) sprinkles onto each nest and put them in the fridge for half an hour.
- Continually tell them to shut the fridge door for the next half an hour and maybe have that wine?
- Once they are set (breathe a sign of relief!), remove from tins with a hot knife and pop a few eggs in each nest!
Verdict: It was messy but she loved it! They taste nice with a coffee too!
Easter Bunnies (mess level 2.5)
What you will need:
- Toilet Rolls (always a few lying around the ground because NO ONE puts them in the bin but me!)
- A few little pom poms for nose, tail, interpretative decoration
- Paints & Pens (lids optional)
- Paper Eyes or stik on eyes
- Coloured paper for ears
- glue and scissors
- cloth & detergent for constant wiping
- mini easter eggs and wine (YOLO)
We only went as far as painting the bunnies for this - we need something to do on Good Friday!! We will share the final results with you via insta :)
Easter Chick Pops (mess level: TBC - Easter Sunday project)
- 150g white chocolate melts
- 100g white marshmallows
- 10 yellow M&M’s
- 1-2 red licorice twists
- black icing pen
- 20 pop sticks or skewers
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and melt in short bursts in the microwave.
- Push marshmallows onto the pop sticks. One by one, dip into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
- Cut M&M’s in half with a sharp knife.
- Cut 4mm slices of licorice and then cut those across into half moons.
- Working quickly before the chocolate has completely set, press a half M&M into the front of the marshmallow and a licorice piece onto the top. Refrigerate to set completely.
- Once set, using icing pen, squeeze a small amount onto each marshmallow to form the eyes.
Please share you creations with us on Insta! We will have a few spot prizes to give out! be sure to tag us on insta @mineneuk
Wishing you all a very happy Easter! xx