Baby Sensory - Baby Finger Painting
“If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
I'm finally coming out of the baby cloud, you know, that stage after the newborn bubble? Lottie is now 6 months and sitting by herself, which means she can play!
As a second time Mum, I know that the next 3 months are some of the best months in the journey!
1. She is sitting, but not moving. So I can leave a room and know she will still be where I left her - or close to it!
2. Love heart eyes - every little thing makes her laugh, look in awe and learn.
"Sensory play is any activity that stimulates baby's sense of touch, smell, taste, sight, or hearing. The idea is to encourage little ones to use their senses to play, create, investigate and explore. Sensory play can be an early, but important step in the development process"
Over the next few weeks, I'm going to share some of our home activities with you all! They will tick the following boxes
- Easy to plan
- Tidy (messy is for mealtimes and outside!)
- Kiddy proof (safe & fun to do while I run around doing 'stuff')
- Sibling proof - siblings can join in or drop & leave
- Can do with one hand (other hand is usually busy holding one or many of the following; baby, coffee, food, wipes, washing, toy, muslin, hairbrush, wine)
What you will need:
- Bright coloured paints
- Snap lock bag
This is such a fun and easy activity for Lottie and kind of therapeutic for us too!
Simply squeeze coloured blobs of paint inside a snap lock bag and seal.
Lottie loves watching the paint spread out and mix colours. She can still feel the sensation of the paint beneath her fingers, hands and feet; and watches the colours merge. Then puts it away with her favourite toys (ie wooden spoon, spatula & measuring cup!)
When it comes to home sensory; there's nothing like good clean fun & a happy babe <3 have fun xx
Minene's storage collection are amazing for curious little tots. Made from soft cotton, the storage baskets are soft, lightweight and reversible. The boxes are lightweight, collapsible and have a lid. Ideal for adding style & colour to any room and practical for the littlest hands! Shop the full collection here